Spanish Lamb Meatballs with Pan Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped - plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 water
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 oz chevre
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine with hands. Cover and rest in refrigerator for 30 mins if you have extra time lying around.
- With a medium ice cream scoop form 12-14 meatballs, roll with hands and set aside.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When oil begins to glisten, add meatballs. Brown on each side for 4-5 minutes, turning carefully until all sides are browned.
- Remove meatballs from pan and set aside.
- Pour all but 1 tablespoon of rendered fat from pan.
- Reduce heat slightly and add additional oil if needed.
- Add tomatoes and garlic and cook for 4 minutes, stirring periodically to ensure garlic doesn't burn.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then add parsley and water.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return meatballs to pan and simmer for additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Finish with chopped parsley and crumbled chevre.