Way Easy Wonton Soup
So fast. So comforting. This is the soup for those nights when you just don't feel like cooking but want a bowl of something extra special.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small leeks, cleaned, white portion thinly sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 packages small frozen wontons, I use Trader Joe's mini chicken cilantro
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth, homemade or store bought
- 3 cups clean baby spinach
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat a large Dutch oven or other large pot, over medium high heat. Add oil, when shimmering, add the leeks cook for 2 mintues then add the ginger and cook for another 2 minutes until very aromatic. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add forzen wontons and cook through -- usually 3-4 minutes or until wontons are floating. Add spinach and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
I like to serve this with a simple winter salad of carrots, apples and jicama cut into matchsticks size and dressed with a ginger-honey vinegrette and a bit of chopped cilantro on top.